Thursday, July 9, 2009

Local Stimulus

Stimulus.I read in The Chronicle the other day, it said that 8.1 million dollars of the Stimulus will be used here in Citrus County. At first I thought that well, even though I am against the Stimulus. I am at least glad that it is being spent in our local community. Then I saw what I assumed to be illegal aliens doing work on the side of the road.

It made me think that the government's bailout is just covering up a problem and will only marginally help. Next I wondered who is going to get that money? It seems that the American people have just not thought about it, that the stimulus is supposed to help Americans. Yet if the majority of the work force on the roads are illegal aliens, (my belief) who will get the profits? Will the millions in stimulus now be the stimulus that goes to help Mexico?

Resurfacing the roads is a good metaphor for this situation in that the government is just putting a nice coating over the real problem. The government made it so that everyone could get a house, sending the home builders into over drive. Then the people bought more home then they truly could afford. The economy crashed causing the government to come in and take our money so they could spend it on programs that don’t really help. We don’t need a stimulus or a second stimulus; we need a change of government. We need to get government out of our homes, out of our pockets and out of our way, because the real stimulus will come from us the average American citizen. Something you can’t pave over!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati

0 comments:

Post a Comment