Friday, October 23, 2009

How much of mine is mine?

I would like to know, if I held up a dollar and asked a group of people who's is this dollar? Most would say yours and a few characters would joke about it being theirs, I would agree with the first assessment. It’s my dollar and I can assure you I have worked hard for that dollar. I try to be smart about my dollar by paying my bills and other needs, then I put some into savings and finally I pay (reward) myself for being good with my dollar. This is a conservative attitude when it comes to the dollar I earn and spend. A good majority of Americans are fiscal conservatives at their core, but then you have the government come in and look at that same dollar. The government doesn't see your dollar as your dollar, they see it as a means to provide services. We agree as citizens that my dollar pays for certain things, like roads, police, the fire department and military. There are even programs that are out there for times of need like food stamps (which I hear people talking about how to bilk that system all the time) that are there to help. I agree I should pay a portion of my dollar for these things, yet we are now to the point that my dollar is not going to things to help but to projects that pander. My dollar that was mine is quickly divided up into, taxes, fees and charges paid to the government. Many of my dollars go to help other governments around the world, a lot of it gets wasted right here. Now your telling me and those like me that if I have insurance it will be taxed or if I don’t have insurance I will have to pay a penalty? My dollar? Or do I work to make money for the government and they let me keep some of what I earn to make me happy so I will go out and make them more. Who’s Dollar is it? Ask how much of mine is mine!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati

0 comments:

Post a Comment